Thursday, October 24, 2013

Bellevue Avenue Photoshop Actions, Timeline Covers and Textures {Freebies!}

Bellevue Avenue...I fell in love with their actions the first moment I saw them.  I finally downloaded their free sample pack tonight.  Unfortunately, they only have one workflow action freebie, but I'm going to try it out along with a couple of their Facebook Timeline Cover freebies.

The action they have available is called "Vision".  It brings out color, contrast and sharpens your photos.  I have to admit, when I first ran it, I was hoping that the adjustment layers were going to be easy to adjust.  Lucky for me, they were!  Bellevue Avenue's Vision action tends to come out very strong, but it was easy to adjust.  It's very important to me when I am purchasing actions that I don't have to put a lot of time into adjustments, and I have to say I didn't have to adjust this one very much.  All I did was lower the 'Contrast' layer.  On the second example, I didn't make any adjustments.

Keep in mind that I would typically run more workflow processes on these photos, but I wanted to keep the action as true as it could be.  I could have probably lowered the 'Brightness' layer on the second photo a bit, but I wanted you to see the action right out of the box. The Vision action is from Bellevue Avenue's Deep & Rich collection, and it lives up to the name.

I also tried the free Facebook Timeline Cover PSD's. For those of you who don't know, PSD's are not run like an action.  They are simply a layered photo, and you copy and paste, and then resize, the photos you want to add on top of the 'clip' layers. The covers are very high quality for freebies.

Bellevue offers an amazing collection of Photoshop Actions and Lightroom Presets.   I would love to try their Clean Edit Toolbox action set, which unfortunately, they don't offer for Lightroom.  They do have some of their most popular action sets available as Lightroom presets, which is a huge bonus for me.  I do think that I am going to purchase some of the Bellevue actions and presets. I'll get samples posted as soon as I do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please share your edited photos in a comment for other users to see. Let everyone know if the action or preset you used was worth downloading. If you want to post a youtube video or a image in your comment, use [img]YOUR-IMAGE-URL-HERE[/img] for posting images and [youtube]YOUR-YOUTUBE-VIDEO-URL-HERE[/youtube]